- All matches are played as a Best Of Three (Semi-finals and finals are Best of 5)
- KotH is played as a Bo5
- If the match is tied, a Bo3 tiebreaker will be played on Nepal
- That means that a tiebreaker will only be played if teams draw a map, then win one other map each, and will only be played at the end
- The following 8 maps are in the map pool:
- Temple Of Anubis
- Route 66
- King’s Row
- Lijang Tower
- To determine which map is played first, team captains ban maps one by one until one last map remains. This map will be played first
- First ban is decided by coin toss
- Whoever bans second gets to chose Attack or Defense on the first map
- The winner of the first map bans a map from the pool
- The loser picks one of the remaining maps
- You can only pick maps that haven’t been played yet, unless both teams unanimously(All 12 players) agree
- A loser cannot pick a map that they have previously won on, even if all players agree
- Winner picks Attack or Defense
- Repeat for map three if applicable
- Captain A bans first. Captain A and B ban all maps till Hanamura remains.
- Captain B chooses Defense.
- Team B wins Hanamura
- Captain B bans Hollywood
- Captain A picks Nepal
- (Captain B picks Attack)
- Ruleset: Competitive
- Hero Selection Limit: 1 per team
- Killcam: Off
- Everything else: Default settings
- All heroes that have been released on the live server at least 7 days before the match are permitted
- They must have been available on the server, not in competitive mode, i.e. Orisa would have been available as soon as she was playable in competitive
- Only the following people are permitted in the game lobby:
- Coaches (must be set to spectate own team only)
- Scrub Cup staff
- The lobby leader is ideally a member of the Scrub Cup staff.
- His job is to set the correct rules and maps, as well as setting team names and spectator roles (coaches: own team only, casters: global)
- He is responsible for starting games and to ensure both teams are ready
- He is responsible for monitoring chat and pausing the game, if necessary
- If no staff is present, a caster should assume the responsibility of lobby leader
- If no caster is present, a coach can assume the role of lobby leader
- If no coaches are present, captains agree between themselves who of them is going to be lobby leader
- The lobby leader is to stay completely neutral in regards to pauses
- A team is allowed to substitute a player if a player has to drop out due to an emergency.
- A substitute has to fulfill all requirements for the Scrub Cup
- Substituting is not permitted during a game!
- Teams can continue with five players or forfeit the game.
- A “game” is defined as a complete map, i.e. both teams have played Attack and Defense and have no time left on the clock, or have reached three points on KotH
- A substitute can be brought in after each game.
- For disconnects or short absences, please refer to the “Pause” section below
- Teams may request a pause due to an emergency.
- Pauses are NOT for strategic discussions or pep talks!
- Emergencies are: Disconnects, unforeseen extended lag spikes (>300 ms), hardware problems, health problems
- Pauses during a round may last a maximum of two minutes
- A “round” is defined as a team finishing their attack or defense, or a team winning a point on KotH
- Pauses between rounds may last a maximum of two minutes, unless both teams agree on an extension
- Between games, captains may agree on a break of up to ten minutes
- Discord is recommended for ingame communication
- Coaches may not communicate with their teams during a game
- Coaches are required to leave their team’s discord during a game
- Coaches are allowed to talk to their teams between games in a match
- Any instance of hacking leads to an immediate forfeit of the current match
- Anybody caught hacking will be banned from this and all future Scrub Cups
- Scrub Cup admins will determine the punishment for the offender’s team, ranging from forfeiting the last match up to exclusion from this and further events
- Scrub Cup admins will determine if other games have to be replayed
- The above is also valid for knowingly abusing any bugs in the game!
- If any team gains an advantage due to a previously unknown bug, the match will be suspended until the Scrub Cup admins decide on the matter